This website, www.theperfumestudio.com is owned and run by The Perfume Studio Limited. The Perfume Studio Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.theperfumestudio.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Perfume Studio. 17B Church Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1HT.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.theperfumestudio.com (our site), on our social media pages or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information may include your name, telephone number, home address, email address and age. When a purchase is made on our website, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address and payment method details. We may obtain information about your usage of our website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests. We DO NOT store any payment details.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and statistical purposes.
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons), which tell us whether the email has been opened. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting and ensure that we send relevant content. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email. Instructions on how to do this automatically should be in the help section or help file of your browser or program.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What will the data be used for?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. Information you give us
We will use this information:
- to enable us, and our processors, to fulfil your order;
- to provide you with information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from The Perfume Studio Limited we feel may be of interest to you. We will contact you by electronic means in this respect only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data for these purposes, we offer a range of ways in which you can inform us about your marketing preferences:
- All email messages and email newsletters contain information on how you can unsubscribe; or
- Send an email to our Customer Care Team here with "unsubscribe" in the subject heading; or
- to notify you about important changes to our service;
- to improve this website and our services to you;
- In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
2. Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you directly or when you visit certain other sites
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
3. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers like Google / Bing) and may receive information about you from them.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
What information do we share with others?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Our specially authorised service providers, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than The Perfume Studio Limited.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. As explained above, provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and so do not disclose information about identifiable individuals in such cases.
One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and postcode details is to check against the IMRG Security Alert or any other Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Perfume Studio Limited or a part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers relating to those assets will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms & conditions or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Perfume Studio, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights and information
You can ask us to correct or remove information about you that becomes inaccurate over time and also find out what information we are holding about you. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise those rights at any time by contacting us here or by writing to us at: Customer Care, The Perfume Studio. Newhaven Enterprise Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, BN9 9BA.
Links to third party sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Privacy of children on our website
Theperfumestudio.com is not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect any information from any person below the age of 18.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|__utma||This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like Days and Visits to purchase.|
|__utmz||Keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. This cookie is how Google Analytics knows to whom and to what source / medium / keyword to assign the credit for a Goal Conversion or an Ecommerce Transaction.|
|__utmb||__utmb is a Google Analytics cookie. It takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site.|
|__utmc||__utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site.|